Change of any kind can be stressful—whether due to layoff, a new job or working extra hours, relationship breakup or moving house, etc. Perhaps you made the leap to go into business for yourself. If you’re facing change, consider the following:
1. Make an honest appraisal of yourself. What are your strengths, weaknesses, skills and mind set? How do those influence—positively or negatively—the way you handle your emotions? How can you most efficiently and effectively expand the positives and correct the negatives?
2. Step up your self-care. Major changes are physically and emotionally draining. You need self-care now more than ever. Don’t neglect your exercise program; have a massage or take a long bath to stay in a relaxed frame of mind. Keep breathing!
3. Engage your curiosity. Use inquiry regularly to find out what went wrong–or right. What could you have done better? What worked really well? Are you still learning and growing?
4. Focus on what you want and not on what you don’t want. Add being grateful for what you do have right now rather than being upset about what you don’t have.
5. Find support. Since change and work transition usually effects your family, it may be better to seek the outside support of friends and professionals.
6. Be mindful of your thoughts. Your thoughts create your success or failure. Get strong to your fears by neutralizing the emotions around your situation. Living in wholeness with empowered neutrality of thought and emotion empowers your feelings of hope and happiness.
7. Reassure (or avoid) those who are threatened by, or jealous of, the change.
8. Create your own rite of passage. Meditation, visualization and prayer are powerful tools to help you with any transition. Use what works best for you.
9. Let go of how things were “supposed to be” and accept “how things are.” Find that place within you where you can forgive the people or circumstances that have led to unwanted change.
10. Keep things in perspective. Or try on a new perspective. Don’t get stuck in old beliefs, stories and ideas. Remember, the only constant is change and you always have the power to change your thoughts.
When you are living in a PLATINUM state of mind it becomes easier to navigate the changes in your life. Here is the foolproof password to accept change as an opportunity to thrive:
PEACE, LOVE, AWARENESS, TRUST, INTEGRITY, NEUTRALITY, UNITY, MINDFULNESS
Sandra and Daniel Biskind – Where Enlightenment Means Business
PS. If you are looking for more guidance, the information, tools and techniques you need to help you through change can be found in The CODEBREAKER PLATINUM Series, available on Amazon.